We’ve all heard that age-old adage “No pain, No gain.” But here’s the thing… you don’t have to experience pain to get the results you desire. Fun fitness is where it’s at.
In fact, fitness experts agree that you’re much more likely to stick with an activity you enjoy. When you find something you love, then it doesn’t feel like a chore.
So, let’s circle back to a super fun childhood toy that’s enabling people to experience REAL fitness results… Yes, we’re talking about hula hoops, but not the plastic toy variety found in the Wal Marts and Targets of the world. Nor do we mean the mass produced variety of “weighted hoops” in the three-to-five pound range. When it comes to hoops, handmade is better because hoops can be sized according to your height, body type and skill level.
Handmade hoops provide a great mechanism to get fit while having fun. Just check out Heather’s “Before and After” pics, and you’ll see what I mean:
Here are some legit fitness benefits of modern day hoop dance:
– Burns an average of 420 calories an hour, according to the American Council on Exercise
– Increases cardiovascular endurance
– Promotes coordination and balance
– Improves flexibility of the spine
– Serves as a form of movement meditation
– Brings participants into a playful state of joy
Want to join me for some online classes? You can do so here.